Below are some links to resources that may be helpful to nonprofit organizations.
* Associated Grant Makers, for grant makers and grant seekers in Massachusetts. www.agmconnect.org
* BoardSource, resource to increase the effectiveness of nonprofit organizations by strengthening boards of directors through their consulting practice, publications, tools, and membership program. www.boardsource.org
* Bridgespan Group, offers nonprofit organizations resources to achieve breakthrough strategy, leadership, and results. www.bridgespan.org
* Capaciteria, a free service designed to help nonprofits find the best resources to build their institutional capacity. http://www.capaciteria.org/index.php?env=-index:m0-1-1-1-s-0
* Cape Cod Community College, includes information about the Grants Resource Center in the college's library. www.capecod.mass.edu
* Community Foundation of Abilene, click here to view the CFA's Top Ten - "Ways to Manage in Tough Economic Times".
* Council on Foundations, an organization whose mission is to provide the opportunity, leadership and tools needed by philanthropic organizations to expand, enhance and sustain their ability to advance the common good. www.cof.org
* Elevation Web, a web development firm that specifically helps nonprofit organizations. They have a 1-1 matching grant program, where, for each dollar a nonprofit spends on web design or other media related work, they will match that dollar with a dollar of their own. www.elevationweb.org.
* Independent Sector, an organization whose mission is to advance the common good by leading, strengthening, and mobilizing the nonprofit and philanthropic community. The organization offers a plethora of research studies, tools, and resources, including national standard volunteer hour rates. www.independentsector.org.
* Internal Revenue Service, United States Department of the Treasury, Charities and Nonprofits. http://www.irs.gov/charities/index.html
* Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General, offers resources in the state of Massachusetts on nonprofits and charities, community safety, civil rights, consumer protection, environmental protection, government, workplace rights, healthcare, energy and utilities, and victim and witness protection. www.mass.gov/ag
* Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General Guide for Nonprofit Board Members, offers resources and guidelines for Board members of charitable organizations to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities. http://www.mass.gov/Cago/docs/nonprofit/guide_for_board_members.pdf
* massnonprofit.org, a resource for information and advice on the nonprofit sector in Massachusetts. www.massnonprofit.org
* TechSoup, provides nonprofit organizations with technology information, products, and community. www.techsoup.org
* The Chronicle of Philanthropy, news for nonprofit organizations on grant seeking, foundations, fund raising, managing nonprofit groups, technology, and nonprofit jobs. www.philanthropy.com
* The Foundation Center, a national organization that promotes philanthropy. www.fdncenter.org
Please Note: The Cape Cod Foundation does not specifically endorse any outside organization listed as a resource. Organizations should research all resources thoroughly.