General Grants are less than $5,000 to address emerging opportunities, launch creative initiatives, and to cover costs of small, one-time projects.
All projects must serve the residents of Barnstable County.
The Cape Cod Foundation is undergoing a major technology upgrade to make our operations more efficient and better serve the community. We expect to have our new Grant Application software in place by March 1st, 2020, at which time we will be accepting applications to be reviewed in the second quarter of 2020. Community Impact General Grant applications will still be accepted for year-end review until November 15th, 2019 via our current application software. Applications submitted after that date will be reviewed in the first quarter of 2020. NO NEW GRANT APPLICATIONS will be accepted after December 15th, 2019 and incomplete grant applications as of December 15th will not be able to be completed or reviewed.
Read the Community Impact Grantmaking Guidelines
General Grants will support:
• Existing programs with a proven track record of success that strengthen or enhance the program
• Pilot projects and idea testing
• Program planning and development
• Organizational development and planning, technical assistance (e.g. board/staff retreats, strategic planning projects)
• Needs assessments and feasibility studies (e.g. capital campaign feasibility studies, market research)
• Events and one-time programs with specific community outcomes (e.g. educational/outreach program, symposia, and conferences)
• Small equipment to support key programs
• Communication and outreach projects (e.g. public awareness or volunteer recruitment campaigns)
We are particularly interested in supporting capacity building initiatives for organizations that are focused on meeting our programmatic priorities in the six areas in which we fund: Arts and Culture; Children, Youth and Families; Health and Human Services; Environment; Community and Economic Development; and Housing.
Click here to apply*
Visit our Past Grant Awards page to view recent grantees. *Click here to download the required project budget template.