Online Application Help
The Cape Cod Foundation is excited to offer enhanced technology to streamline the grant application process.
To start an application, you’ll create an account in the Foundation’s online grant software, then log-in to access the list of available grants and start a new application. At any time, you can save your application in draft form and return to it later to continue working, make edits, or submit the completed version. You can also access your application history at any time.
For quicker updates, we will now email Grant Notification Letters. If you receive a grant, you will be able to view its status, check due dates, and submit electronic grant reports from your account.
We recommend that you review the instructions and reference materials below carefully before registering and starting your first application. For addition help, view our GRANT TUTORIAL VIDEO
REGISTRATION AND LOG IN
Returning Users. Log on to the system using your email address and password. Please do not create a second, new user account. There is a system prompt if you need a password reminder.
New Users. Register by clicking “Create New Account” on the Log In page. The registration process has four sections: (1) organization information; (2) your individual user information; (3) executive officer information; and (4) choosing your individual user password.
- Each organization can only have one account; you will only have to create it once. The user creating the account should be the contact person for the organization’s proposals. The user email should be the address where you would like notifications sent. (If that’s not the executive director, the ED will be cc’d on award and declination letters).
- Each individual user is linked to a single organization. If you are submitting applications for different organizations, you will need to register separately using a different email address for each organization. For example, if you are working for both Organization A and Organization B, register using one email address for the application from Organization A, and register using a different email address for the application from Organization B.
- During the registration process, you cannot save partial information; therefore, you should gather all required information before beginning.
- Your email address is your user account ID.
- To update your user information after registration, click on your name at the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile” from the drop-down menu.
The Apply Page
After you have registered, you will be directed to the Apply page. On the left side of the screen, you will see “Request” and two options underneath:
- Dashboard (Application Status Page). This screen is your homepage where you can check the status of your grants. This page will display the form you just completed, the status of the form, and the next form in the process.
- Apply (Application Page). This screen lists the available grants and is the portal to apply. You may want to bookmark the log in website address.
Navigating the Online Grant Management System
- To apply for a grant, click “Apply” in the menu at the left side of the screen.
- To manage your grant application, click “Dashboard” in the menu at the left side of the screen. The Application Status Page provides information about open grant applications. From this page, you can download completed application forms and see the status of an application form you have submitted. If you have saved but not submitted an application form, you must access the form on this page to complete and submit it.
- To manage grants you receive, click “Dashboard” in the menu at the left side of the screen. The Application Status Page provides information regarding awarded grants. From this page, you can see if a grant has been awarded and complete required follow-up forms. The term “follow-up” describes an upcoming or pending event, such as a report that is due.
Online System Tips
- The character counter includes spaces as well as characters.
- After 80 minutes of inactivity, the online system will give you a warning message. At 90 minutes of inactivity, it will automatically log you out. Working on a form does not count as activity. You must save your work.
- Please remember to save your work regularly. The system will auto save every 20 minutes.
- You may choose to prepare your response in a document outside of the online system (e.g. Microsoft Word) and then copy and paste the text into the online form. If you do, keep track of character limits. As noted above, character limits include spaces and characters. Also, we recommend that you do not use formatting tools, because formatted text will probably not transfer when pasted into the online program’s response area.
- It’s a good idea to download copies of all submitted forms to your computer.
- If you do not answer any of the required questions, you will not be able to submit your application.
- You can only upload one file per question. Combine multiple documents into one file and then upload.
- If your PDF file exceeds the maximum file size, consider using the Adobe Acrobat option to “Reduce File Size” before you upload (look at the options in Document).
- Remember to click “Submit Form” when you are finished.
- Once you have submitted your application, you can no longer edit it.
Subscribe to our Enewsletter +
What Matters to You!
Cape Cod Foundation
261 Whites Path, Unit 2
South Yarmouth, MA 02664