Cape Cod Foundation Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Cape Cod Foundation strives to create a more diverse, inclusive, and accessible organization that can better fulfill our mission of supporting our entire community. This means focusing our efforts to improve inclusiveness in both our internal operational policies and practices and our external grantmaking and community work. While we are taking very deliberate actions, we know we still have work to do and that it will be an ongoing process. We are fully committed to this journey.
Some of the steps we are taking include:
- Enhancement of our processes for Board and committee recruitment
- Review and refinement of our hiring and retention practices
- Continuous board and staff education
- Expanded community outreach to establish new partnerships
- Review and refinement of our grantmaking and scholarship policies and practices to ensure we are reducing barriers to access and deploying resources where needed most
- Continued commitment to building grantor/grantee relationships that are based on transparency, dialogue, and mutual learning
- Providing grants and other support to local nonprofit organizations that are also on this journey
- Exploring opportunities to expand relationships with investment advisors who share our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We have embarked on this work individually as an organization and as part of the Massachusetts Community Foundation Partnership with 14 other Massachusetts Community Foundations.
We welcome suggestions, ideas, and dialogue as we move forward together to foster a just and inclusive Cape Cod.
Together, we have invested more than $90 million in grants and scholarships in the Cape Cod Community. For good.
Subscribe to our Enewsletter +
What Matters to You!
Cape Cod Foundation
261 Whites Path, Unit 2
South Yarmouth, MA 02664