CURRENT OPENING: SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Computers can easily rank candidates by financial need or academic merit. However, they cannot measure heart, drive, desire, or talent–qualities that help individuals circumvent obstacles and overcome hardships to become successful contributors to society. Our scholarship committee members bring their diverse life experiences, outlooks, local knowledge, and human touch to the selection process. They are passionate about education and committed to helping local students achieve their goals. They are also invested in ensuring recipients are selected in a fair and consistent way.
Members of the Scholarship Committee meet every spring to review applications. If you are interested in volunteering, please review the qualifications and commitments below, then contact:
Mary Beth Burwood
COMMITTEE MEMBERS MUST BE:
- Willing to spend time individually evaluating and reviewing scholarship applications. We will provide all materials needed.
- Open to learn a numerical rating system and submit notes to document processes and decisions made
- Available to attend one meeting (typically 2 hours) at the beginning of May
- Able to work with other reviewers in a team environment
- Open to reveal any conflict of interest with potential scholarship applicants
- Aware of the need for fairness, objectivity and nondiscrimination within the scholarship selection process
- Able to focus on specific selection criteria in determining the scholarship recipients
- Able to work with The Cape Cod Foundation staff to recommend recipients for each assigned scholarship to submit to the Foundation Board for final approval
Together, we have invested more than $80 million in grants and scholarships in the Cape Cod Community. For good.
Subscribe to our Enewsletter +
What Matters to You!
Cape Cod Foundation
261 Whites Path, Unit 2
South Yarmouth, MA 02664